The Sharavathi Valley:- The Sharavathi river valley nestled in the central Western Ghats, Shimoga district has been an ecological paradise. The Sharavathi River, rising at Ambuthirtha in Thirthahalli taluk flows north-west and drops down in the Ghats at the world famous Jog falls. The sharavathi Valley is home for many water falls and to some of the beautiful streams. The valley is evergreen to semi-evergreen forest along with moist deciduous type of forests dominate the entire basin along with scrub savannah, grasslands, marshy areas and plantation of acacia, cash crops like areca and rubber providing diverse niches for a variety of taxa. Rare evergreen species such as Dipterocarpus, Syzygium, Cinnamon, Diospyros, Aglaia, endemic Palms along with the globally endangered Myrist-icasps makes this an ecologically sensitive region to be conserved and not marketed.
Likey Itinerary ,
- Arrive at Kargal, Freshen up, Have breakfast and leave to Trek starting point by hired jeep
- Start the Trek from Karni along with the Belligundi stream
- Have lunch on the way and continue
- Reach the top of the falls and enjoy the beauti
- Trek to Padubeedu and camp at a tribal house
- Wake up very early in the morning, have tea.
- Start the trek towards the bottom of the Belligundi falls. (Depends on Trekkers enthu)
- Reach the bottom of the falls and enjoy at the falls
- Trek back to Padubeedu and catch Jeep to Water sports Basecamp
- Transfer to an island and camp at that night.
Photos and Blog of the above trek route:
Please me to firstname.lastname@example.org to know more info