There are group of people who will be trekking in a new route this weekend. So if anybody is interested to trek in this route, please let me know ASAP.
Trek Route:- Bheemeswara Water falls--->dabbe water falls---->Hosagadde.
The Sharavathi Valley:- The Sharavathi river valley nestled in the central Western Ghats, Shimoga district has been an ecological paradise. The Sharavathi River, rising at Ambuthirtha in Thirthahalli taluk flows north-west and drops down in the Ghats at the world famous Jog falls. The sharavathi Valley is home for many water falls and to some of the beautiful streams. The valley is evergreen to semi-evergreen forest along with moist deciduous type of forests dominate the entire basin along with scrub savannah, grasslands, marshy areas and plantation of acacia, cash crops like areca and rubber providing diverse niches for a variety of taxa. Rare evergreen species such as Dipterocarpus, Syzygium, Cinnamon, Diospyros, Aglaia, endemic Palms along with the globally endangered Myrist-icasps makes this an ecologically sensitive region to be conserved and not marketed.
Level of Trek:- Moderate
Departure:- 01-Sept-2009 Thursday night.
* Deaprture from Bangalore by around 10:30 PM.
* Reach Kargal in Shimoga District by 7:00 AM.
* Hire a local jeep to trek starting point.
* Freshen Up , Have Break fast on the way
* Reach Trek point and Start the trek
* Start the trek towards Bheeneswara peak.
* Reach bheeswara and play in the water falls and have lunch at bheemeswara.
* Start the Trek towards dabbe and camp in a tribals house by 6:00 PM.
* Have a Camp fire and enjoy the evening. Also interact with Tribals.
* Have dinner and retire for the day
* Wake up by 6:00 AM and get freshen up quickly.
* Have Break fast and start the trek by 7:30AM to Dabbe.
* Reach dabbe and go down to dabbe and Enjoy in the Water falls
* Have luch and Trek to Hosagadde.
* Catch waiting jeep to Sagar.
* Reach Sagar and have dinner.
* Start the journey back to Bangalore by around 10:00 PM
Fore Photos and the blog of the route, Please click on the link below
Anybody interested to joining us, please confirm as soon as possible as we need to reserve the bus ticket.
Please MAIL me to firstname.lastname@example.org if u need any more information