First Monsoon Trekking For 2011
To start this year monsoon trek program, We are planning for Nagavalli-->Meghane--> a new water falls.
Meghane is one of the highest peak in the sharavathi valley and its in. It is one of the high density of fauna in the sharavathi wild lifesanctuary .
In this hill region common sight is indian gaur, civet and many more. We used to trek to this peak regularly till year 2005. Later entry was banned as there was a serious poaching problem. This peak is awesome place to sit and watch the nature beauty. On the one direction you can see the arabian sea, and all other side green cover of valley.
The plan of trek is as fallows:-
Trek Dates:- 25/26-06-2011(weekend)
- Start from bangalore on 24th friday evening in KSRTC rajahamasa bus and reach Kargal on 25th Saturday Morning.
- Start from Kargal to Nagavalli in a local bus which is about 35KM.
- Reach Nagavalli forest check post and trek up the meghane hill.
- Have lunch half the way and continue to the peak.
- Reach peak and spend sometime.
- Trek down the hill and reach a onti mane (single hamlet) and stay over night.
- Wake up and continue the trek towards a new falls.
- Reach falls and enjoy.
- Trek back to Hogevaddi and travel back.
For some pics and blog please refer to the fallowing link,
So if you are free that weekend and wish to join us, please send me copy of some photo ID proof like DL, PAN card, PP etc., immediately. This is required for obtaining wild life division permission to enter the sanctuary.
Please mail to email@example.com if u need more info