Swatcha Bharath at Muppane Nature Camp
Cleanliness is most important for physical well-being and a healthy environment. It has bearing on public and personal hygiene. It is essential for everyone to learn about cleanliness, hygiene, sanitation and the various diseases that are caused due to poor hygienic conditions. The habits learnt at a young age get embedded into one's personality. Even if we inculcate certain habits like washing hands before meals, regular brushing of teeth, and bathing from a young age, we are not bothered about cleanliness of public places. Mahatma Gandhi said, “I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.”
With our beloved PM himself taking forward Gandhiji's clean India mission, Many of us have contributed in our own ways to the great cause.
As you are aware, in our trek trails, we give utmost importance to cleanliness. we see that no solid waste is discarded in forest.
Most of you have participated our nature camp program at MUPPANE forest camp. Muppane forest adjoining to sharavathi backwater is very beautiful and great place to do over night camping. Most of you have experienced the camping on the shore of backwater. As this place is maintained by forest department, many non campers come here to do all sort of "enjoyment". Due to which, camp and surroundings are ridden with filth like plastic and bottles.
Few years back, with active participation by school kids, cleaned up the area, but now again it needs to be cleaned up.
We are planning for one such program for February last weekend ie., 28 Feb and 1st March. Along with cleanliness, we also would organize a trek to a water falls on day 2 and also a session on flora of sharavathi valley in the evening.
Probable Itinerary is as fallows
- On 27th Feb, Departure from Bangalore on hired vehicle.
On 28th Feb,
- Reach Muppane nature camp, freshen up, have breakfast
- Briefing by local forester, make sub groups, start the clean up work
- Assemble for the lunch, rest for a while
- Enjoy water sports activities till evening
- Session on flora of sharavathi valley and camp fire session
- Dinner and retire for the day
On 1st March,
- Freshen up and have breakfast
- Start journey towards trek starting point.
- Reach trek starting point and trek towards waterfalls.
- Reach falls and enjoy splash. Have lunch and relax
- Start trek back to trek end point
- Travel jogfalls, spend sometime
- Travel back to Bangalore.
As this program is going to be mainly service, fee is collected based on the expenditure like travel and food. It does not attract forest fee. So Fee may come to Rs.1000 but it may varie.
We are restricting group size to 20. Please register ASAP by emailing to email@example.com .