As we all know that there is 2nd Oct Gandhi Jayanathi holiday which falls on Thursday, If we can take a day off for friday, we can have fun for 4 days of trek and water sports.
So here i am sending a tentative plan. If anybody is interested pls let me know ASAP. As it is a long weekend, getting public transport reservation will be difficult, so confirm me if u free and wish to join us for this event.
Departure from Bangalore in KSRTC Rajahamsa Bus by 11:00 PM to Sagara in Shimoga District.
* Arrive at Camp site. Freshen up and Have Breakfast
* Group Introductory session and initial briefing by the Camp leader
* Introducing everyone to water, and a small swimming/floating session.
* Transfer to Island in coracle.
* Long Swimming and floating session. Initiation to Coracle paddling.
* Have Lunch and rest for half an hour.
* Start the Islands exploration trail by Coracle.
* Return back to the camp site and have tea
* Have a camp fire and fun time at camp fire
* Have dinner and retire for the day
* Wake up early in the morning. Freshen up and have tea
* A small swimming/floating session
* Introduction Kayaking and Individual Kayaking session.
* Have lunch
* Trek to "Devara gudda". Spend time on view point. continue the trek to Marattur.
* Camp in a tribal house in Marattur.
* Wake up and have break fast. Start onward journey Hogevaddy, which is another trek starting point.
* Reach Hogevaddi and start the trek to Basavana baayi.
* Reach basavana baayi and play in the water falls.
* Have lunch and trek to 'Kendollare' peak. Spend some time on the 'Kendollare' peak.
* Trek down to 'Padubeedu' and have a camp fire. Have dinner and retire for the day.
* Wake up very early in the morning, say by 5:00 AM and Have teak.
* Trek to 'Ganaganadu bare' view point and have a magnificent view of the valley and Belligundi water falls. Spend some time at the view point
* Trek to 'Goodanana gundi ' water falls and play in the falls.
* Trek back to 'Padubeedu' and have lunch.
* Start back the journey to 'Shimoga' by 12:00
* Reach back Bangalore latest by 9:00 PM.
Photos of our Adventure Water sports and camping Faliclity in Sharavathi backwater
A Blog on our new Adventure Water sports and camping Faliclity in Sharavathi backwater
Photos of the trek route:-
Blog on this trek by Sachidananda:-
We will hurry up and plan out properly, so that the program will be hiccup free.
Also as this a long weekend, getting Bus tickets for onward travel will be bit difficulty. So we need to plan in advance and freeze the group. Max we can accommodate for water sports is 10. So let us freeze the group for 10.
Please announce this in ur network. If getting 10 is difficult, i will announce here and pull some ppl.
Please reply if we are going ahead with this plan. If there is a prob for u also , pls let me know ASAP.
The Sharavathi Nature Trails.....