Mansoon has set in the valley. As you are know, valley is so beautiful when it rains and it looks like heaven on earth. Many of our regular trekkers were keen to start the mansoon trek ASAP. So here is the new route to begin with for this season. This route is from Kattinakaru to Sullalli in sharavathi valley. On the route we will visit a water falls which we explored recently and which is yet to be named.
The Sharavathi Valley:- The Sharavathi river valley nestled in the central Western Ghats, Shimoga district has been an ecological paradise. The Sharavathi River, rising at Ambuthirtha in Thirthahalli taluk flows north-west and drops down in the Ghats at the world famous Jog falls. The sharavathi Valley is home for many water falls and to some of the beautiful streams. The valley is evergreen to semi-evergreen forest along with moist deciduous type of forests dominate the entire basin along with scrub savannah, grasslands, marshy areas and plantation of acacia, cash crops like areca and rubber providing diverse niches for a variety of taxa. Rare evergreen species such as Dipterocarpus, Syzygium, Cinnamon, Diospyros, Aglaia, endemic Palms along with the globally endangered Myrist-icasps makes this an ecologically sensitive region to be conserved and not marketed.
Likey Itinerary ,
Departure from Bangalore at around 10PM.
- Arrive at Kargal, Freshen up, Have breakfast and leave to Trek starting point by hired jeep
- Start the Trek from Kattinakaru
- Have lunch on the way and continue the trek to water falls.
- Reach the the falls and enjoy the beauty
- Trek to Mincha and camp at a tribal house
- Wake up very early in the morning, have tea.
- Start the trek towards Sullalli.
- Have lunch on the way
- Reach Sullalli and Travel back to Sagar
- Reach Sagar and Have dinner
- Catch bus back to Bangalore
The above route is completely new route and it is in the core forest. So no snaps of the route is available.
Please mail me to email@example.com , if u need any more info.