I had mentioned in my earlier mail about trek to Bheemeswara and dabbe falls coming weekend(4/5th sept). But this weekend i was in valley and i have come across 2 new beautiful water falls. So the itinerary will change. Here is the itinerary and other details about the trek.
Trek Route:- Hogekeri---->Vaddimakki water falls---> Megur(Halt)--->Doddabyana water falls--->Bheeswara water falls.
The Sharavathi Valley:- The Sharavathi river valley nestled in the central Western Ghats, Shimoga district has been an ecological paradise. The Sharavathi River, rising at Ambuthirtha in Thirthahalli taluk flows north-west and drops down in the Ghats at the world famous Jog falls. The sharavathi Valley is home for many water falls and to some of the beautiful streams. The valley is evergreen to semi-evergreen forest along with moist deciduous type of forests dominate the entire basin along with scrub savannah, grasslands, marshy areas and plantation of acacia, cash crops like areca and rubber providing diverse niches for a variety of taxa. Rare evergreen species such as Dipterocarpus, Syzygium, Cinnamon, Diospyros, Aglaia, endemic Palms along with the globally endangered Myrist-icasps makes this an ecologically sensitive region to be conserved and not marketed.
Likely Itinerary for the 2 days trek
Departure:- on 3rd sept 2010 by KSRTC Rajahamsa bus to Kargal. From there hire jeep to reach hogekeri.
* Reach Hogekeri , the Trek start point.
* Freshen Up in the stream, Have Break fast.
* Reach vaddimakki water falls and Have lunch.
* Start the Trek towards Megur camp in a tribals house.
* Have a Camp fire and enjoy the evening(Depends on rain situation). Also interact with Tribals.
* Have dinner and retire for the day
* Wake up by 6:00 AM and get freshen up quickly.
* Have Breakfast and start the trek to Doddabyana water falls .
* Trek to Bheeswara water falls and if possible Enjoy in the Water fall (depends on the water level.
* Have lunch and Trek to the road.
* Catch the vehicle and travel back to kargal and then to sagar.
* travel back to bangalore.
For now i have info photos of bheeswara water falls photos. Please check the fallowing link.
Please reply me ASAP if u r joining us as we need reserve the bus tickets and feel free to reply for any clarification or doubts.